Peter Alden is the author of 15 books on North American and African wildlife published by Knopf, Houghton Mifflin, Harper Collins, the University of Arizona Press and others which have sold over 2,000,000 copies. Click here to purchase Peter’s books on Amazon.com.
For signed individual copies, multiple copies or for wholesale orders (10 books or more) please call or write to Peter for pricing and availability. Orders within the continental US, Alaska and Hawaii will be sent via US Postal Service. Please allow two weeks for delivery. Orders sent to Canada, Mexico or beyond are subject to additional postage and may take longer to arrive. You will be contacted via email for approval before we process and ship your order.
AUDUBON REGIONAL FIELD GUIDES
Peter’s most popular work are the eight Audubon Regional Field Guides to North America. Filled with concise descriptions and stunning photographs of ~1,000 of each region’s wildflowers, trees, mushrooms, mosses, fishes, amphibians,reptiles, birds buterflies, mammals and more, these pocket-sized field guides are a must-have for casual naturalists and experts alike.
- Audubon Field Guide to New England, with Brian Cassie; Knopf, 1998
- Audubon Field Guide to Florida, with Rick Cech; Knopf, 1998
- Audubon Field Guide to Pacific Northwest, with Dennis Paulson; Knopf, 1998
- Audubon Field Guide to California, with Fred Heath; Knopf, 1998
- Audubon Field Guide to Mid-Atlantic, with Brian Cassie; Knopf, 1999
- Audubon Field Guide to Southeastern States, with Gil Nelson; Knopf, 1999
- Audubon Field Guide to Southwestern States, with Peter Friederici; Knopf, 1999
- Audubon Field Guide to Rocky Mountain States, with John Grassy; Knopf, 1999
OTHER FIELD GUIDES
- Field Guide to Invasive Plants of New England
- Photo-guide des Animaux dâ€™Afrique; Delachaux et Niestle, Paris 2001
- Audubon Field Guide to African Wildlife, with Richard Estes; Knopf, 1995
- Collins Guide to African Wildlife; HarperCollins, London, 1995
- Peterson First Guide to Mammals of North America; Houghton Mifflin, 1987
- Mammiferes de Amerique du Nord; Broquet, Quebec, 1987
- Peterson Color-in Book to the Birds, with John Sill; Houghton Mifflin, 2004
- Peterson Color-in Book to the Mammals, with Fiona Reid; Houghton Mifflin, 2005
- Peterson Coloring Book to the Birds, with John Sill; Houghton Mifflin, 1987
- Peterson Coloring Book to the Mammals, with Fiona Reid; Houghton Mifflin, 1987
OUT OF PRINT*
- Finding the Birds in Western Mexico; 100 color plates by John P. O’Neill; University of Arizona Press, 1969
- Finding Birds Around the World, with John Gooders; the first world travel guide for birders; Houghton Mifflin, 1981; UK edition published by David & Charles
*Although out of print, these books are often available from Peter Alden Wild Life. Please inquire.